Home Based Business – Are You Thinking About It?
Wow, in today’s economy everyone is concerned about security for their families. Many people are asking themselves, will I keep my job? What happens if I am laid off? How will I support my family? WHAT DO I DO TO FEEL MORE SECURE?
Well, many are considering and searching for additional opportunities to help with the ever increasing uncertainty in today’s world. There are hundreds of thousands of individuals turning to a Home Based Business to help them through the tough times.
FULL TIME OR PART TIME?
There are two ways to start a Home Based Business, you can choose to dive right in and go full time. This approach is a bit more risky, it may work for those who have a dual income family. The person starting the new business has the resource of the spouse bringing in an income as he or she attempts to get the new business up off the ground. Not many people have the luxury of having an adequate second income to allow them to do this.
Most that start a Home Based Business start it on a part time bases. Working at it when time allows and not competing with their full time job. This allows you to keep your income and benefits as you build your new business. For anyone who heads down this path, please keep in mind that you must make sure you keep the two businesses completely separate. Do not work on your new Home Based Business from your full time job. That could quickly put you into a new full time job with your home based business.
KEYS TO SUCCESS
- Make sure you are a united front with your spouse. Talk through all the ups and downs associated with starting a new business. How will it change your home life, it will. There will be struggles at first, but when the time comes and your Home Based Business becomes successful, you will find more time for the things you want and love.
- Research the Home Based Business you are interested in. I recommend you find a company with a good solid track record. A company that has been around for at least 5 years. Many companies entice new prospects with the claim that “you can get in on the ground floor”, well, in most cases that is about as far as you will ever go. A solid well established company will have already worked out the “kinks in the road” so you do not have. Your chances of success will be much greater.
- Never stop learning! Find leaders in your organization who have found great success, DO WHAT THEY DO! Don’t reinvent the wheel. No matter how long you have been in business, there is always better ways to get done that which will make you successful, if they did it, you do it!! After you have success, then you can look at doing it your way. Get yourself established in your new company first. Get as much training as you can and don’t stop learning.
- Always keep God first, your family second and your company third. With this formula you can never lose.
- Stay persistent and consistent. Don’t get discouraged. It takes time to build a business. Watch your leaders, consistency will always bring success.
- Remember, this IS A BUSINESS. Just because you work from home does not mean you work like you are at home, you work like you are at work, BECAUSE YOU ARE!!
A Home Based Business brings with it many advantages and some challenges. You must be prepared to fall and have the ability to pick yourself back up again. For fall you will, stumble you will, succeed you can if you stay focused, treat your business like a business and be willing to learn each and every day. Be a good listener, be a good student, be humble in all you do. Be willing to be wrong and admit it when you are. Be focused, be strong and be diligent to your dream. These are the qualities of a leader, to be successful; you must be a good leader. It can be learned for those who are willing to humble themselves and learn all that needs to be learned.
No related posts.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!